Innovative programmer looking for opportunity on a collaborative team that prioritizes sustainable innovation and software craftsmanship. With 13 years experience, I am looking for the freedom to solve real problems in an open, honest forum with a healthy work/life balance.
Accomplishments & Notable Projects
- Lead a full-stack team building a new account creation process that showed a 50% improvement in sign up conversions.
- Rapidly delivered an enterprise-wide integration with a new, API-driven payment solution.
- Guided transition from a monolithic, Java/Spring stack to a simpler, Kotlin-based microservice model.
- Pioneered the BYU Web Brand framework and a git-based CDN that allowed for fast pageloads and timely updates and bugfixes (btc.thatjoemoore.com and cdn.thatjoemoore.com).
- Received two BYU Staff and Administrative Employee Recognition Award and a Nu Skin Pinnacle award.
Senior Software Engineer, Nu Skin Enterprises
October 2019 - Present
- Lead a cross-functional team building applications in Vue.js and Node.js.
- Championed Continuous Deployment and automated testing practices.
- Lead collaboration between UX design, product ownership, engineering, and stakeholders to craft solutions for user problems.
Software Developer, Brigham Young University Office of IT
May 2012 - October 2019
- Lead small project teams in design, development, and maintenance of full-stack, event- and API-driven applications in Java, Kotlin, Node.js, and Vue.js.
- Collaborated with campus community to design and implement a cross-framework web brand.
- Advocated best practices as part of cross-functional working groups.
- Architected and crafted shared infrastructure and deployment tooling.
- Mentored junior developers and student developers in all aspects of software development.
Student Developer, Brigham Young University Office of IT
August 2008 - May 2012
- Overhauled the BYU Android App, taking it from a quick minimum viable product to a feature-rich, maintainable application.
- Developed UIs for Web (Java, Spring) and Desktop (Java Swing).
- Build backend web APIs in Java (Spring, Hibernate) using SOAP and RESTful styles.