Innovative programmer looking for opportunity on a collaborative team that prioritizes sustainable innovation and software craftsmanship. With 13 years experience, I am looking for the freedom to solve real problems in an open, honest forum with a healthy work/life balance.
Accomplishments & Notable Projects
- Lead a full-stack development team building a new, global sign-up process which improved conversion rates by 50% and decreased maintenance costs.
- Rapidly delivered an enterprise-wide integration with a new, API-driven payment solution.
- Guided transition from a monolithic, Java/Spring stack to a simpler, Kotlin-based microservice model.
- Pioneered the BYU Web Brand framework and a git-based CDN that allowed for fast pageloads and timely updates and bugfixes (btc.thatjoemoore.com and cdn.thatjoemoore.com).
- Received two BYU Staff and Administrative Employee Recognition Awards and a Nu Skin Pinnacle award.
Nu Skin Enterprises
Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead 2019 - Present
- Lead a cross-functional team building applications in Vue and Node.
- Championed Continuous Deployment and automated testing practices.
- Built internal tools for improving automated testing and use of feature flags in frontend applications.
- Created solutions for securing critical services and applications against abuse.
Brigham Young University Office of IT
Software Developer 2012 - 2019
Student Developer 2008 - 2012
- Lead small project teams in design, development, and maintenance of full-stack applications in Java, Kotlin, Node, and Vue.
- Collaborated with campus community to design and implement a cross-framework web brand.
- Architected and crafted shared infrastructure and deployment tooling.
- Mentored junior developers and student developers.