Innovative engineer looking to work for a collaborative team that prioritizes sustainable innovation and software craftsmanship. With 15 years experience, I am looking for the freedom to solve real problems in an open, honest forum with a healthy work/life balance.
Accomplishments & Notable Projects
- Designed and built major modifications and upgrades to an achievements and customer retention system, while maintaining some of the highest email conversion rates in the company.
- Led a full-stack development team building a new, global sign-up process which improved conversion rates by 50% and decreased maintenance costs.
- Rapidly delivered an enterprise-wide integration with a new, API-driven payment solution.
- Pioneered the BYU Design System and a git-based CDN that balanced fast pageloads with timely updates and bug fixes.
- Received two BYU SAERA awards, a Nu Skin Pinnacle award, and multiple internal Pluralsight recognitions.
Senior Software Engineer 2021 - 2023
- Maintained and expanded the achievements/trophy case system using Node.js, React, Next.js, and Remix.
- Guided several major technical transition and modernization efforts.
- Designed and implemented multiple customer-critical system integrations.
Nu Skin Enterprises
Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead 2019 - 2021
- Led a cross-functional team building applications in Vue and Node.
- Championed Continuous Deployment and automated testing practices.
- Built internal tools for improving automated testing and use of feature flags.
- Created solutions for securing critical services against abuse.
Brigham Young University Office of IT
Software Developer 2012 - 2019
Student Developer 2008 - 2012
- Led project teams in design, development, and maintenance of full-stack applications in Java, Kotlin, Node, and Vue.
- Collaborated with campus community to design and implement a cross-framework web design system.
- Architected and crafted shared infrastructure and deployment tooling.
- Mentored junior developers and student developers.